Solid wood doors are made entirely of unaltered natural wood. Frames and panels, rather than a single piece of wood, are still frequently used in the construction of solid wood doors. The type of wood used might range from softwoods like pine to hardwoods like maple or oak. Solid core doors are made of wood and have a wood frame that is filled with wood or wood-composite materials. Solid core doors are frequently utilized in business settings, especially in the hallways of major office buildings.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF WOODS
Because they are more resilient and offer superior insulation than most other types of door materials, wooden doors are preferred by the majority of consumers in Pakistan. You can simply select a wooden door that matches your budget and complements the style of your home because there are so many different varieties of them available on the market. The most common styles of wooden doors installed in residences are:
One of the greatest kinds of wooden doors to take into consideration for your house is deodar, also known as diyar or Himalayan cedar. This wood is taken from the Pakistani national tree, and because of its uniform grain, it is perfect for external doors. Deodar has a smooth feel because of its fine, uniform, and straight-grain structure. In Pakistan, deodar doors cost a little more than other kinds of wood doors. These doors often offer a layer of security to your home because of their strength. Therefore, installing these doors might not be a fantastic option if you have pets in your house.
ADVANTAGES OF USING DEODAR WOOD:
- Deodar is prone to scratching, mold, and infestation.
- This wood provides great resistance to heat and moisture
- PINE WOOD OR KAIL WOOD
Rustic furniture and farm-style furniture frequently use this lightweight, affordable wood. It is recognized as having dark brown knots and a yellowish or white look. It is an abundant, easily accessible, and reasonably priced wood on the market. Pine makes excellent furniture because wood readily accepts paint and stain. Because it is a very fragile wood, it is vulnerable to dents, scratches, and splitting under excessive pressure. Kail is softwood and is therefore vulnerable to dents and scratches. Local kail wood has a starting price of PKR 3,500 per cubic foot. At PKR 2,500 per cubic foot, imported kail wood has a significantly lower beginning price.
ADVANTAGES OF USING PINE WOOD OR KAIL WOOD:
- Local kail wood has a starting price of PKR 3,500 per cubic foot.
- It is a very fragile wood.
- This is also one of the most widely utilized woods for projects that don’t cost much.
In Pakistan, one of the most reasonably priced types of wood used for doors is partal, which is derived from the Himalayan conifer. It is primarily white in color, but as it grows older, it starts to develop a very light shade of brown. Partal is a popular choice of wood for interior doors because that is inexpensive. Additionally, it is employed in the production of furniture, percussion equipment, and window panels. Partal is a softwood, thus it might not be as sturdy and long-lasting as most other kinds. Partal doors are relatively affordable. Termites are quite likely to infest it. About PKR 2,000 per cubic foot is the beginning price for partial wood.
ADVANTAGES OF USING PARTAL WOOD:
- It is a softer wood with low flexing and shattering strength.
- PKR 2,000 per cubic foot is the beginning price for partial wood, which makes it inexpensive for local use.
- It is frequently offered in a variety of styles and designs.
Ash is a straight-grained softwood prized for its smoothness, hardness, and adaptability. It is one of the most well-known varieties of wooden doors in Pakistan and is often imported from the US and Canada. It is also available at quite reasonable prices. It is undoubtedly the greatest wood for doors in your home if you just want to upgrade your design. Ashwood often has a light or creamy brown tone. Although it is more expensive than the majority of other types of wood used to make doors in Pakistan. Ashwood is not particularly resilient. Additionally, this wood has open grains with dark streaks and is soft to the touch. Ashwood Doors have a starting price of PKR 6,000 per cubic foot.
ADVANTAGES OF USING ASHWOOD:
- It is less prone to contract or expand if exposed to inclement weather and direct sunshine.
- Ashwood is quite strong and has a medium bending and compressive strength.
- Ashwood is a medium-strength wood with a modest resistance to breaking and deformation.
Another inexpensive option for internal wood doors in Pakistan is poplar. It is often found in colors of greenish-yellow or greyish-white and has a medium hardness. This kind of wood has closed grains with sporadic purple streaks. It is a common alternative for choosing door wood for homes and has a consistent texture as well.
Additionally, poplar is used to make a variety of things, including kitchen cabinets, furniture, frames, and pallets. This wood may irritate the skin or induce eye allergies if improperly handled. Paint and stain work nicely on poplar wood in general. Dark finishes and paint colors are more suited for Poplar than clear ones because of its greenish hue.
ADVANTAGES OF USING POPLAR WOOD:
- This kind of wood offers great insulation.
- Poplar wood may be purchased for as little as PKR 4,000.
- In general, painting and staining poplar wood yields favorable outcomes.
This timber has a fine texture. Red oak, which can range in color from light brown to pinkish red and has a swirly pattern like water, and white oak, which has a tiger stripe grain with yellow rays and flecks, are the two principal varieties. If properly cut, it is a particularly water-resistant wood to warping and water damage. It has an eye-catching, wavy grain that stands out when a soft, brilliant finish is used. The wood may seem two-toned if the stain overdarkens it or accentuates its details.
ADVANTAGES OF USING OAK WOOD:
- Oak is frequently utilized in craft projects.
- It is an excellent option for outside doors in your home since it is durable and strong.
- In Pakistan, oak wood may be bought for as little as PKR 3,000 per cubic foot.
Compared to oak, mahogany is more solid, sturdy, and long-lasting. It has straight grains that have a gorgeous crimson hue in several variations. Due to its durability and good paint and stain take-up, it is suitable for almost any application. Mahogany wood may be purchased for PKR 6,500 per cubic foot.
ADVANTAGES OF USING MAHOGANY WOOD:
- Because of its rich tones, doors constructed of this wood often appear immaculate and lovely all the time.
- Mahogany is quite durable and strong.
- It is the most preferred kind of wood chosen for doors.