WHAT IS LAMINATE WOOD?
Laminate woods are thin layers of wood and wood-derived materials that are bonded together and available as panels or boards. The top layer is imprinted with an image to replicate the appearance of natural wood, while the other layers provide additional durability, toughness, and scratch resistance. These synthetic woods help to replicate the luxury of natural wood while foregoing the maintenance demands that come with natural wood. They provide a plethora of choices for homeowners to get creative and customize the look and feel of their homes at reasonable costs.
Laminate boards consist of 4 integral layers: the wear layer, the decorative layer, the scoreboard, and the balance paper. The wear layer provides wear resistance to external forces, as well as fire resistance. The decorative layer is the main part that provides aesthetics for the laminate panel – i.e., the variety of wood, type of grain, and color. Next comes the core board which provides the bulk of the strength and stability of the panel. Lastly, there is balance paper which helps with moisture resistance and balances the pressure throughout the panel.
ADVANTAGES OF LAMINATE WOOD
- Available in a large selection of finishes, colors, and looks
- Laminate wood does not require polish or lacquer like regular wood
- They are low maintenance compared to solid wood. They can also be treated to provide antibacterial effects for better hygiene and cleanliness which increases their scope of use beyond natural wood. UV-protected lamination is also an option to sustain through Pakistani summers.
- Laminate panels are easy to install or hassle-free to replace for a quick renovation!
- A variety of laminate grades are available at different price points for any needs
- Laminate is more durable compared to natural wood. It has a higher resistance to scratches, moisture, and general wear and tear. Laminates can be pressure treated for prolonged life/
BEST LAMINATE WOODS IN KARACHI
At Ebony Woods, we focus on the best quality of laminate woods in Karachi with a variety of finishes to help your home achieve a look that suits your style – from modern to rustic, glossy to matte or textured, and anywhere in between. From doors to floor and cabinetry, we provide laminate woods for any purpose with ease of installation and maintenance. Choose from our collection of Standard Laminates, German Laminates, Herringbone, and Fishbone.
One of our most popular selections is the Oak Laminate. It provides a warm, inviting, and luxe feel to any household. The beauty of wood lies in the beautiful tint and grain and our oak laminates appear as natural wood while providing the ease of installation, cleanliness, and maintenance that others cannot. It also helps to provide a traditional, homely, and rustic feel that you may desire. Oak Laminate is a timeless solution that fits well into any aesthetic.
However, if you prefer minimalist designs and modern looks, the trending herringbone and fishbone designs might be more desirable. Available in colors ranging from dark brown to light ash, they provide extensive customizability that can easily be matched to a new home or breathe new life into an existing one. They can provide a spacious and open feel which is well-suited for modern interior design.
One of the specialties of Ebony Woods is that we source our wood from ethically managed timber forests and pressure-treat our wood for long life. We also offer imported laminates straight from HARO in Germany to your homes in Karachi. Visit our website for more information and get started on planning your dream house today! Alternatively, drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org for a professional consult for your home. We guarantee satisfaction and deliver the best laminate woods in Karachi!